Monday, February 11, 2013

Meet the Dolls-"Bindi" Devoted Dolls Co-Founder

1. What made you decide to become a DD?
 Lola and I decided to create Devoted Dolls in order to bring together a group of like-minded women who wanted to give back to their communities and open their hearts to others.  We wanted to show our children that you can give and volunteer and make a positive change in the lives of other people. We didn't want to be just another pinup group; we wanted to be a group known for hard work, dedication and generosity all done with a touch of class and vintage flair!

2. What do you enjoy most about belonging to a group like DD?
I enjoy planning and helping out at events, the sisterhood that exists with all the Dolls and knowing that after all the hard work we put into each and every event, that a rescue, group or an organization is a little better off because of our help.

3. How did you choose your "pinup" name?
My name was an accident, it was something I chose as a MySpace name because of my arm tattoo and it stuck.



4. If you could have lunch with ANY person (fictional, real, alive, deceased, etc) who would it be, and why? 
It would be a tie between Elie Wiesel and Gerda Weissmann Klein.  Elie’s book “Night” and Gerda’s book “All But My Life” have had a profound impact on my life.  They are both truly inspirational people.

5. Which charity is nearest to your heart, and why?
There are so many, but I would have to say Madison Street Veterans Organization has touched me the most. The men and women that run and live at the facility are so warm and thankful and do so much to support and uplift each other. It is very inspiring.
madisonstreetveterans.org

6. If you had a personal motto, what would it be?
"Let It Be" I have it tattooed on my wrist so I can look at it when I'm stressed or worried or upset. It reminds me to just let things go and that a higher power has a plan for me.



7. Tell us something interesting, funny or special about yourself (hidden talents, special interests, etc)
Well, I guess I'm a bit of a Renaissance woman because I love doing so many different types of artistic things. I make cakes, I model, I sang a little on Voodoo Swing's CD, I love reading, I paint and I love to dance.  Also, I have a lot of tattoos that total over 75 hours so far.  My left arm is a full sleeve, my right arm is almost half, I have a full back piece and a thigh piece from hip to almost my knee.

8. What TV character do you most relate to?
Hmm, I think I'm equal parts Lucy Ricardo and Lily Munster

9. If you were granted 3 wishes what would they be?
First, I would wish for my nephew to still be with us, healthy and happy. Second, I would wish for every adult, child and animal to have a clean safe place to live and never know hunger. And last, for my children to have a wonderful and blessed life.



10. Name 3 things you can't live without.
My family, my pets and my phone

11. Who is someone that inspires you?
My mom. In the past 2 years she's battled breast cancer, endured the loss of her 3 year old grandson and her aunt who was like a mother to her and dealt with many other personal issues, but she's remained strong and loving and determined to make it through and keep on going strong. She's my mom, my hero and my best friend.

12. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I would love to be able to fly.

1 comment:

  1. ....hi Bindi glad things are well 4 yaz .. hope 2 see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete