Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Meet the Dolls-"Lola" Devoted Dolls Co-Founder


1. What made you decide to become a DD? I have been a part of other pin-up groups prior to starting Devoted Dolls with Bindi and just felt slightly out of place. We wanted something more out of it and realized we were going to have to start a group ourselves in order for it to be what we desired, a group that gives back. It is now so much more than we had even imagined in all the right ways for all the right reasons.
2. What do you enjoy most about belonging to a group like DD?  The knowledge that we are helping others and teaching our children to give at the same time. Along with the sincere friendships and family type atmosphere we have built together.
3. How did you choose your "pinup" name? A photographer I worked with MANY years ago gave it to me and it felt right :)

4. If you could have lunch with ANY person (fictional, real, alive, deceased, etc) who would it be, and why? Oh so hard to choose but most likely my Biological father. He was not really in our lives and I just never had enough time to get to know him. He served in Vietnam and I wished I could have heard his stories. From what my other brothers and sisters say he was a great singer but I never heard that. He passed away a few years back from Cancer of the liver and it breaks my heart that he had to be in that kind of pain.
5. Which charity is nearest to your heart, and why? The Arizona Burn Center holds a special place with me because my own little son Gionni had to spend a little over a week there with severe burns to his hands and arms from an accident and they were so amazing to him in every way imaginable from the moment we walked in. Any chance I get to say thank you by raising funds and helping other children and families in our situation I am all for it.
6. If you had a personal motto, what would it be? Where there is a will there is a way. (I believe anything is possible ANYTHING if you want it bad enough you CAN make it happen) For me Devoted Dolls is one of those things I have dreamt of since I was a young girl and now here we are giving in so many wonderful ways.
7. Tell us something interesting, funny or special about yourself (hidden talents, special interests, etc). My favorite color is YELLOW and I refer to everything happy and wonderful in the world as YELLOW. I even walked down the aisle on my wedding day to Cold Play YELLOW (yes I realize it is a song about cancer) But I changed it a wonderful meaning at my wedding :)

8. What TV character do you most relate to? I would say Zoey Dechannel in NEW GIRL. I am quirky, a little naive and always feel the need to make everyone happy and give too much of myself at times. I am too trusting in many ways and yet I don't see that as a problem. I find the yellow in every situation with the occasional grey day but I never stay down long. Sorta all over the place that is me. Her style is also very similar to mine.
9. If you were granted 3 wishes what would they be? World peace (that is my pageant answer but true) but really to be the Best mommy and wife I could possibly be.  Health and Happiness for my family and friends, Continued growing success for Devoted Dolls in that we can reach out and grow to be able to help so many more that need it. (or I could just wish for Good health and happiness for all and no need haha)
10. Name 3 things you can't live without. My family (duh) my friends (who are practically family) my freedom (thanks to our troops past, present and future that make this possible) My freedom allows me to be me and do as I desire such as Devoted Dolls.
11. Who is someone that inspires you? My mother has always been my biggest inspiration. She has been strong through many adversities and has never really allowed us to believe life was bad or that we had little. She is the life of the party and the greatest grandma to exist. She is my greatest fan and put so much of herself into making all my dreams come true even with Devoted Dolls she is there helping us organize things and doing last minute running around on our behalf she even wants to start a Devoted Dames (for the seniors) chapter hahahaha.


12. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? I would love to be invisible (with the ability to control it of course) I love to mess with people and freak em out as well as be sneaky when I desire Good times.

1 comment: